Sunday, December 14, 2008

You know Dasher and Dancer . . .


Friday night we spent the night in Branson, Missouri.  Rebecca's grandpa has a timeshare there that he let us, Rebecca's parents, and her brother's family stay in.  For those unfamiliar with Branson, click here (you'll get a pretty good idea of what the town is like).  We had a ton of fun Friday night.  Friday night we went to Silver Dollar City where we walked around and looked at Christmas lights, watched a live nativity, and watched a variation of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.

On our way out of town, we stopped by the parking lot of the Titanic.  The Titanic as an attraction on the main strip that looks like--you guessed it--the front half of the Titanic (complete with the iceberg).  There in the parking lot was a small pen with two live reindeer.  We decided not to fork over 10 dollars to have the kids' picture taken on the sleigh next to the pen, instead opting to snap a photo next to the reindeer.  If these two were at all representative of the species, they are indeed tiny.  I think you get some idea of their size from the photos.  (I'm having technical difficulties posting the pics of the reindeer.  I'll post them later.)

3 comments:

Ryan and Christy said...

I cant believe how small the reindeer look, the kids look like they could be bigger. Is that little Avery? She's so big!!! I cant wait to see everyone.

Anonymous said...

I cant even see them!! Well... maybe thats to help them be invisible come Christmas night!!! :) lol! Cute pic of the kids though! Looks like they had fun!

holly said...

That sounds so fun. I love Silver Dollar City I'll bet it is awesome at Christmas. Any way I miss you guys, send me an e-mail or something.