Thursday, November 20, 2008

Half-marathon day







Rebecca and several of her friends from church decided to run a half-marathon (13.1 miles) on November 8. It was a bitterly cold morning, but Rebecca amazed us all by finishing the run in a great time. She had a lot of fun and the kids had a lot of fun cheering her on (except for Avery who must not have understood why mommy ran away for so long (she was pretty sad the whole time Rebecca was gone). Daddy and the kids went home after we saw Rebecca off and sipped hot chocolate to help thaw out. But we made it in plenty of time to watch Rebecca finished. Here are some photos from the race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh girl!!! You ARE amazing! Did you train for it or did you just decide to do it! You look great by the way! I'm jealous here! I can barely WALK a mile without feeling like I'm gonna die! :) Must be all the cake I eat!!!:)

Adam said...

Um, when did Rebecca turn certifiably insane? Seriously, Laura and I are very impressed. Way to go, Rebecca!